Fleece Baby Blanket
30 Minute Gift
This is a super easy fleece baby blanket, a really quick gift to make - even kids can make it if they can tie knots.
All you need for approximately 30" square blanket is...
- 1 yard of fleece fabric about 60" wide
- Sharp scissors
- About 30 minutes (depending how fast you can tie knots)
This is what you need to do...
- Fold the fabric in half (wrong sides together) so that you get a rough square shape.
- Cut along the fold so that you have 2 squares of fabric back to back.
- Cutting through both layers, cut a square out of each corner (about 2.5" square)
- Cutting through both layers, make cuts about 3/4" apart and 2.5" long all the way around the rest of the blanket (you don't need to be exact - just eyeball it).
- Take one strip from each layer (the ones laying on top of each other) and tie them together with 2 overhand knots. Be sure to tie all the knots the same way then it looks neater.
- Tie knots all the way around the blanket - don't pull too tight or the blanket will pucker.
- Give the blanket as a hand made baby shower gift!
See - I told you it was easy! You can do this for any size - just be sure to buy enough fleece for twice the size of blanket you need.
You can even make the 2 sides different colors, different patterns or whatever you like. The choice is yours! Have fun, experiment!
Return to Baby Blanket Patterns from Fleece Baby Blanket
Return to Homepage