Shadows Baby Car Blanket
Crocheted With Love
I named the Shadows Baby Car Blanket after the effect the stitches make as you go. It's crocheted in rows, but the way the stitches are arranged it looks like very subtle vertical lines instead.
It's an easy crochet car seat blanket. You'll do the stitch pattern automatically after a while and be done in no time. Simple but fun and easy enough for a beginner crocheter.
Here's the Shadows Baby Car Blanket pattern:
Sizes: 19.25” x 19.25” before edging
21” x 21” after edging
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby Sport DK weight 100% “Gentle Soft” Acrylic, 5oz/140g, 256yds/254m, 1 skein
Hook Size: G/6 4.25mm; or size to obtain correct gauge
Notions: Blunt end sewing needle.
GAUGE: 18 sts x 14 rows = 4" (10 cm) in pattern st (see chart below)
beg – begin(ing)
dc – double crochet
est - established
hk – hook
lp – loop
pat – pattern
rep – repeat
rnd – round
RS – Right Side
sc – single crochet
sk - skip
st(s) – stitch(es)
tch – turning chain
WS – Wrong Side
- Sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each of next 3 ch, *dc in each of next 4 ch, sc in each of next 4 ch; rep from * to end, turn.
- Ch2 (counts as dc), dc in each of next 3 sc, *sc in each of next 4 dc, dc in each of next 4 sc; rep from * to end, turn.
- Ch1, sc in each of first 4 dc, *dc in each of next 4 sc, sc in each of next 4 dc; rep from * to end (end with last sc in tch), turn.
Rows 2 & 3 form pat rep. Rep rows 2 & 3 until work measures 19” from start ending with row 3. Do not break yarn.
- Working down edge of blanket work 3 sc across first dc, *1 sc in sc, 2 sc across dc; rep from * to corner, 3 sc in corner sc, 1 sc in each st across bottom of blanket, 3 sc in corner sc, * 2 sc across dc, 1 sc in sc; rep from * to corner 2sc across dc, 3 sc in corner sc, 1 sc in each st across top of blanket, sc in first sc of edging.
- Ch 4, dc in next sc, *sk 1 sc, ch 1, dc in next sc; rep from * to corner 3 sc then, sk first sc, [dc, ch 1, dc] in next sc; rep from * to last corner, sk 1 sc, ch 1, dc in base of tch, ch 1, sl st in 3rd ch of tch.
- Ch4, sc in dc, *ch 3, sc in dc; rep from * around whole blanket edge, end with ch 3, sl st to first ch, break yarn, finish off. Weave in ends.
So, I hope you enjoy making your shadows baby car blanket. Don't forget to tell your friends to click on over for this quick, easy pattern.
Return to Baby Blanket Patterns
Return to Homepage from Shadows Baby Car Blanket