Baby Keepsake Gifts
More Than Just Silver
Baby keepsake gifts are a wonderful way to help commemorate the birth of a new baby. A well chosen piece can also be the perfect baby shower gift.
The dictionary definition of keepsake is...
"a gift which holds memories of a person or event".
It is a token, reminder, symbol, souvenir or memento of a special occasion, in this case, the birth of a new baby.
An ideal keepsake can be a permanent reminder of baby's birth date, something that gives the meaning of their chosen name or a even a special box to keep all these important little pieces which are gathered as baby grows.
Sterling silver baby gifts are often a popular keepsake. My Mom used to tell me that "crossing a new baby's palm with silver" would bring good luck. The precious metal and beautiful workmanship of silver pieces make a very special gift which is not only treasured but can be passed on as an heirloom.
Silver is a precious gift, but there are many other pieces that can be perfect keepsakes, such as homemade gifts, personalized pieces or even baby christening gifts.
Some pieces I see as ideal keepsake gifts are...
- Handmade blankets, afghans or quilts
- Handmade Christening gowns
- Hand print or footprint kits
- Memory boxes - buy a plain one and decorate it yourself
- Special picture frames - paint one yourself or choose one specially
- Collectible pieces of china or ornaments
- Birth Certificate holders
- Special photo albums - again you could decorate an album yourself to really personalize it
- Baby Journal - something that everyone can look back on and reminisce
All of these pieces, and many more, would be baby keepsake gifts to be treasured for a very long time.
Return to Homepage from Baby Keepsake Gifts